Monday, October 27, 2008

Macau Golf Open 2008 澳門2008高爾夫球公開賽 (澳门2008高尔夫球公开赛)

The Macau Open was kicked off its 11th edition on 23rd October at the Macau Golf & Country Club, at the Westin Resort Macau. The prize fund will be boosted to US$500,000 this year.

30 years old Australian David Gleeson wins this year 2008 Macau Golf Open, with a final-round 69. This ends his six-year title drought. He walked away with the top prize of $US79250 and rises to 21st spot on the Asian Tour's Order of Merit. He has led the tournament from start to finish.

"I told my caddie at the start of the tournament that I wanted to win this week by as many shots as possible. I also told myself that if I don't go for it, I won't have a chance so I'm happy that I went for it this week," David Gleeson said.

David Gleeson won the 2002 Volvo China Open previously.

Second place claim to Taiwanese Lin Wen-tang, who won the Asian Tour International this year, was pleased with his runners up performance. He produced a 66 while Kao Bo Song was even-par and finished in lone third spot. Filipino Mars Pucay, with England's Yasin Ali in joint fourth spot together.

"I have one win and two runners-up finishes now. This is shaping up to be a very good season for me. I am very pleased." said Lin, the runner up of this year Macau Open.

The Asia tour will move to the Iskandar Johor Open, Malaysia on October 30 after completing the Macau stop.

在今年的澳門公開賽, 來自澳洲的選手David Gleeson從第一輪領先到最後一輪, 贏得了澳門公開賽以及贏走了冠軍獎金79,250美元。 10月23日開賽的2008澳門公開賽, 一連四天在澳門高爾夫鄉村俱樂部舉行, 總獎金今年已提升為50萬美元。 今年公開賽共有來自25個國家地區、134名球手參加。

David Gleeson周末連續打出第2輪69桿, 低于標准桿2桿。 他以266桿,低于標准桿18桿奪取了今年的澳門公開賽冠軍。 成績打破了澳門公開賽的最低桿數紀錄。 另外一位來自美國選手Jason Knutzon還打出268桿, 創造了賽事紀錄。 中國台北選手林文堂打出了66桿, 落後3桿獲得了亞軍。 另外一位中國台北選手高柏松當天打出平標准桿, 獲得單獨第3名。 菲律賓選手Mars Pucay與英格蘭選手Yasin Ali一起位于並列第四位。

0 Comments:

© blogger beta templates | Tech Blog